Ordinary Membership of the Jordanian Logistics Association is open to freight forwarding companies and offices holding a valid license from the competent authority in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and having membership in the relevant Chamber of Commerce:
- To have the appropriate staff to perform these tasks.
- Its General Manager must have an experience for at least ten years and be of good conduct and behavior.
- The company must have an appropriate office supplied with all the necessary means.
- To be approved by the Executive Board following the recommendation of the Membership Committee.
- In order to approve the application, it must be supported by two operating airlines and two ship agents companies and navigation lines.
- The ordinary member’s nature of business must not be of a commercial nature e.g. imports, exports, agencies and others, which shall not conflict with interests of the freight forwarders profession.
- All shipping and logistics services companies and the duly licensed offices which are members in the Chamber of Commerce of Amman are entitled to apply to the Jordanian Logistics Association.
- The entity wishing to apply for membership in the Association shall do so by completing the application available below, accompanied with a photocopy of the company’s and/or establishment’s Certificate of Registration, a copy of its Professional License and a certificate from the Companies’ Control Department of the Ministry of Industry and Trade stating the names of the authorized signatories on behalf of the company or establishment wishing to join, provided that the Executive Board shall render a resolution accepting or rejecting the application within 30 days from the date of submission, and in the event of rejection, the applicant is entitled to object to such rejection before the General Assembly within three months from the date of the resolution, provided that the General Assembly shall decide the issue during its annual meeting, whose decision shall be final and binding upon the Association.
- The Executive Board may, at its discretion, agree to grant any natural person an Executive Support Membership status provided that he had unconditionally supported and assisted the Association and assisted the Association’s Executive Board in running and managing the Association’s business.
The applicant shall pay to the Association the following fees immediately upon rendering the decision to admit him:
- (JD 350) Five Hundred Jordan Dinars for the ordinary member, immediately upon rendering the decision to admit him and it shall be for membership and registration at the Association.
- The annual membership fees for the ordinary member shall be (JD 350) Five Hundred Jordan Dinars to be paid during January of each year.
- (JD 350) to be paid immediately upon rendering the Executive Board’s decision as an annual subscription for members to be paid during January of each year.